Assistant Garment Technologist/Developer
Mountain Equipment has been making some of the finest mountain clothing in the world since 1961. We believe in what we do; we design, test and build with passion and commitment because we know that our products are depended upon in some of the most demanding conditions on earth.
An outstanding opportunity exists for an Assistant Garment Technologist/Developer to join one of the leading mountain brands in Europe and play a key part in the continuing development of our award-winning apparel range.
The successful candidate will be assist in the creation of technical specification of apparel from prototyping stage through to the finished product.
- Work with Senior Garment Tech and design team to create technical specification, considering product brief, supplier capabilities and costing to ensure suitability and performance of product.
- Work closely with suppliers and designers in the development of samples and finished products.
- Assist in the resolution of fit issues, grade garments and formulate size specifications.
- Assist in managing the critical path for each season. Liaise with suppliers and internal teams to ensure weekly updates to CP status.
- Manage labdips in liason with design team and suppliers.
- Bring ideas and solutions to improve the performance and quality of products.
- Conduct QC on finished products to ensure all are of suitable standard.
Key Skills / Attributes
- Degree level education including Garment Technology/Development or equivalent.
- A genuine interest in technical performance product and passion for creating products that work.
- Organizational skills and Innovation-minded.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing, and a willingness to travel globally.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and a strong team-player.
- A keen desire to grow and apply knowledge and skills.
- An active interest in outdoor sports such as hillwalking or mountaineering is an advantage.
This is a full time position based at our head office in Greater Manchester. Salary is negotiable based on experience.
Please send you application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org