Digital Marketer: Mountain Equipment.
Mountain Equipment has been creating some of the finest mountain clothing and equipment in the world since 1961. As a leading global brand with offices in the UK, Germany and USA we design and build products with passion and commitment because we know that our products are depended upon in some of the most demanding conditions on earth.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a talented, experienced and enthusiastic Digital Marketer to join our busy marketing department. Responsible for design and delivery of engaging website content, online marketing campaigns and social media activity, this is a key position within our marketing team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for the mountains and at least one year’s commercial experience in digital marketing, including content creation, management and analysis.
- To manage the daily running and seasonal updates of the Mountain Equipment web site including product information, images, stockist links and athlete profiles.
- To manage the creation and publication of written and visual content across all Mountain Equipment social media channels.
- To manage the planning, creation and delivery of monthly e-newsletters to both trade customers and consumers across global territories.
- To edit photographic and video elements to specific requirements for use in online channels.
- To work closely with partner organisations, athletes and event organisers to deliver co-ordinated marketing communications across all digital channels.
- To work closely with Mountain Equipment’s international offices providing direction and support in order to ensure the delivery of consistent global digital marketing.
- To work closely with the Marketing Director to ensure all digital communications are delivered in line with the brand strategy and guidelines.
- To analyse data relating to all digital marketing activities and campaigns and present monthly statistics report on web site and social media traffic.
- To manage a B2B online database with seasonal updates of dealer support assets.
- To respond to consumer enquiries incoming through digital channels.
- To identify emerging trends in digital marketing and to evaluate and report on new technologies.
- To be a key point of contact for international offices, distributors and agents.
- To support the planning and delivery of sales launches, trade shows and other events. Some overseas travel and working outside of standard office hours will be required.
Key skills and qualifications:
- A marketing related higher education degree.
- One year or more of commercial experience working in digital marketing.
- A strong track record of operating website content management systems with a sound knowledge across the areas of web coding and search engine optimization.
- Experience in creating and delivering engaging content across a portfolio of social media channels.
- Exceptional writing ability in English language with a proven ability to create engaging copy.
- Advanced competency in using digital marketing content management and creative software including MailChimp, Wordpress, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Competency in both Mac and PC operating systems.
- Experience manipulating analytics tools to provide qualitative insight.
- Strong planning and project management skills with an ability to work to tight deadlines.
- An ability to adapt and problem solve in a rapidly changing online environment.
- Clear, plain-speaking verbal communication skills.
- An active interest in outdoor sports such as hillwalking, climbing or mountaineering.
- A working knowledge of German language would be an advantage.
This is a full time position based at our head office in Hyde, Greater Manchester.
Salary £18-£25k per annum dependent on experience.
Anyone with the relevant experience interested in applying for this position should send their application and CV to Richard Woodall, email@example.com by Friday 18th November 2016.