Assistant Garment Technologist/Developer
Mountain Equipment has been making some of the finest mountain clothing in the world since 1961. We believe in what we do; we design, test and build with passion and commitment because we know that our products are depended upon in some of the most demanding conditions on earth.
An outstanding opportunity exists for a Junior Garment Technologist/Developer to join one of the leading mountain brands in Europe and play a key part in the continuing development of our award-winning apparel range.
The successful candidate will be assist in the creation of technical specification of apparel from prototyping stage through to the finished product.
- Work with Senior Garment Tech and design team to create technical specification, considering product brief, supplier capabilities and costing to ensure suitability and performance of product.
- Work closely with suppliers and designers in the development of samples and finished products.
- Assist in the resolution of fit issues, grade garments and formulate size specifications.
- Assist in managing the critical path for each season. Liaise with suppliers and internal teams to ensure weekly updates to CP status.
- Testing product components to ensure suitability for purpose.
- Bring ideas and solutions to improve the performance and quality of products.
- Conduct QC on finished products to ensure all are of suitable standard.
Key skills / attributes
- Degree level education including Garment Technology/Development or equivalent.
- A genuine interest in technical performance product and passion for creating products that work.
- Organizational skills and Innovation-minded .
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing, and a willingness to travel globally.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and a strong team-player.
- A keen desire to grow and apply knowledge and skills.
- An active interest in outdoor sports such as hillwalking or mountaineering is an advantage.
This is a full time position based at our head office in Greater Manchester. Salary is negotiable based on experience.
Please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th April 2017.