The latest at
#microadventure: Summer Solstice Challenge 2014
We’ve teamed up with friend of the brand & master of Microadventure Al Humphreys along with Osprey packs, Kammok and Harper Collins again this year for the Summer Solstice Microadventure Challenge 2014. Over to Al to tell you how you can get involved…
“We are into June already. Midsummer is approaching. It’s not long now until the longest day of the year.
In other words: it’s time to start making the most of the summer, making the most of the light evenings, and getting out on microadventures!
And so begins the third annual Summer Solstice Microadventure Challenge. Last year we had hundreds of entries. It was fantastic to see people all over the world giving it a go.
If you go on a microadventure between now and the end of June, you could win some excellent prizes from Mountain Equipment, Osprey, Kammok and Harper Collins.
Booby prizes include copies of my books and microadventure t-shirts.
In addition, anyone who participates will receive a free, personalised Ordnance Survey map from MyMiniMap.
HERE IS THE PLAN FOR PEOPLE WHO LIKE A SIMILAR LEVEL OF DETAIL IN THEIR LIFE AS ME:
• Go on a microadventure between now and June.
• Share your story online.
• Win stuff (maybe). Feel good (definitely, unless it rains like last year).
HERE IS THE DETAILED PLAN:
• Go on a microadventure. This can be anything you like (ideas below), anywhere in the world. It must entail sleeping out in the wild for at least one night, without a tent. Bivvy bags and hammocks are good. So too are morning swims in rivers.
• Share your story online. Add the hashtag #microadventure to anything you post on Twitter or Instagram. You can post stuff on the Microadventures Facebook Group (please ‘Like‘it if you haven’t already). If you make a film (hint: we like films, even on Vine or Instagram) or write a blog post, please tag it with ‘#microadventure’ and send me the link.
• The closing date for entries is bedtime on June 30th.”
For further inspiration and information head over to – http://http://www.alastairhumphreys.com/