Returns & Exchanges
General Returns Information
Please note that only new & unused products purchased via this website may be returned using the method outlined below. If you have purchased your Mountain Equipment product from another website or high street retailer you must return the item to them.
How to Return:
If you wish to return all or part of your order you can do so within 30 days of receiving it.
Please ensure that any item is unused and in the original packaging.
Our returns service is offered through an online returns portal https://www.mountain-equipment.co.uk/a/returns The subsidised cost of the returns service will be deducted from your refund amount (£5.50).
- Please visit the returns portal and follow the instructions, making sure you have the original order number to hand (this can be found in the top left corner on the packing slip in your parcel in the box referenced “PO Number.”).
- Select the reason code for your return.
- Choose a convenient Collect Plus drop off location.
- Once you have completed the returns process make sure you check your email for your Collect Plus returns label/unique returns code (it should appear within minutes, check your spam folder if it does not).
- Decide whether you want to print your returns label at home, or whether you want to make use of your smart phone to enable the returns label to be printed at the Collect Plus location of your choice.
- Package the items carefully, taking care to ensure they will arrive with us safely and in a saleable condition.
- Then either print and affix your returns label to your returns parcel, or proceed directly to the Collect Plus drop off location of your choosing with your parcel and smartphone handy, and then simply drop it off (there are 10,000+ locations nationwide). Please remember to retain your proof of postage, this will be essential in the unlikely event of your return parcel going missing.
- If you fail to receive your Collect Plus email please double check your spam and junk folders before contacting us
- Please ensure that you drop the parcel off within 5-7 days, otherwise you may need to repeat the returns process from step 1 and reprint a fresh returns label.
- Please also be aware that if you are trying to return your goods outside of our 30 day returns policy – the returns portal will not allow you to proceed. We reserve the right to extend the returns period for promotional reasons or during seasonal trading (Xmas and New Year).
- Payment for the cost of your return will be deducted from your refund amount.
All returns will be refunded to you (minus the subsidised returns cost of £5.50) via the form of payment used to place the original order once the item (s) have been received by us and inspected. We aim to process refunds within 2-3 working days of receipt of goods. We’ll let you know once it’s gone through.
Should you have a query relating to returning or exchanging an item please email email@example.com.
Exchanging an Item
To exchange an item please return it via our online returns portal so that we can refund your initial purchase price. You will then need to place a new order. Unfortunately our e-commerce system does not allow us to offer direct exchanges.
Our Returns Policy
You may return any new and unused product to us within 30 days of delivery for a refund of its purchase price. Items should be returned in their original packaging and with all swing-tickets still attached. The cost of returning any item to us via our online returns portal is subsidised but not covered by Mountain Equipment and as such will be deducted from the value of your returns refund*.
We can only accept returns that are sent via our online returns portal. Please retain your proof of shipping. We are not responsible for items lost or delayed on their way back to us but by using our returns portal, we hope to minimise the chance of this happening and thereby save headaches for both of us. In the event of a lost returns parcel, you as the sender are responsible for processing any claim.
Unfortunately, we are not able to process exchanges online. Should the item not be suitable please return it via our returns portal so we can refund your initial purchase. You will then need to place a new order.
*In the event that a product is supplied in error, is found to be faulty immediately upon receipt or is not as described, Mountain Equipment will provide a full refund including the cost of return shipping.
When returning products please ensure that they are in a re-sellable condition with all the swing tags attached and any packaging included. If items are returned and deemed to not be in a re-sellable condition (due to problems like dirty marks, lack of swing tags, signs of use or any other reason) then an appropriate deduction from the value of the refund will be applied. In serious cases we reserve the right to return items to the consumer with no refund.
The Mountain Equipment Guarantee
Everything we make is fully guaranteed to the original purchaser against defects in components, materials and workmanship for the reasonable life of the product. If the product is found to be defective before use, or fails during use for one of these reasons we will repair or replace it at our own discretion.
Our guarantee does not cover damage caused by normal wear and tear, accidents or inappropriate use. It does not cover any claims for consequential loses nor does it affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Should you believe a product to have a developed a fault that falls under these terms then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Good Night’s Sleep Guarantee
Should you decide that the sleeping bag you’ve purchased is not as warm as you’d expected it to be we will upgrade your bag to one of a warmer specification (if available). The used bag must be returned within 30 days of receipt of order. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay any difference in cost between their existing sleeping bag and the one they wish to upgrade to. No refunds are permissible. Please contact email@example.com to discuss your upgrade before returning.